CFatSM Fatigue Analysis & Monitoring Services
T H Hill's CFat services are based on the innovative fatigue design approaches we developed for the Third Edition of Standard DS-1®. Through application of our proprietary tools for understanding and analyzing fatigue in drill strings, T H Hill can optimize design in the planning stages, monitor drill string fatigue while drilling, and use hindcasting to analyze fatigue failures.
- In the planning stages, T H Hill can help you:
- Quantitatively compare the fatigue performance of drill string design options and tell you not only which alternative is better, but also how much better for mitigation of fatigue damage
- Evaluate the fatigue damage that alternative trajectory options will impart on a specific drill string- allowing you to choose the best option for fatigue performance.
For an example of how CFat services work in the planning phase, click here.
- While drilling, we can help you:
- Monitor fatigue accumulation on a joint-by-joint basis and recommend pipe rotation strategies to balance fatigue damage across all joints taking into account the next set of operations or new hole section.
- Analyze accumulated damage points for the string to set inspection frequency for the drill string
For an example of the application of CFat services during drilling operations, click here.
- We can also apply CFat analysis techniques to the analysis of fatigue failures. For a failure analysis example, click here.